6.24.2010

retro please!


As much as I love summer, one of my biggest woes each year seems to be circled around one of its major staples: the bathing suit. Obviously it would be a little difficult to try and avoid this topic all season, so I decided to approach it head on. One of my favorite styles that I have continuously gravitated towards is the retro inspired suit. Retro suits instantly transform you back in time and make you (or at me at least) feel rather chic and stylish. There is an incredible appeal from those high waist bikini bottoms that make you want to don a red lip and ski-high heels to the beach. They flatter the female shape quite well and offer a stylish alternative to those barely-there bikinis that I am not quite prepared to try and pull off.

Here are some of my favorites that I have got my eye on:

Top (left to right):
Diane Von Furstenburg Leopard Print Bikini $140 for bottoms
Anthropologie Blue "Inextricable" Two Piece $88 each
Norma Kamali Leopard Two Piece $110

Bottom (left to right):
Juicy Couture Yellow Halter Swimdress $168
Norma Kamali Polka Dot One Piece $165
Norma Kamali Yellow One Piece $350
Marc by Marc Jacobs Underwire Halter Maillot Swimsuit $173


Retro Steal

{These Target suits are a great deal with similar attitude for much less. Find them here, here, and here}

1 comment:

  1. Check out Red Dolly Vintage on Etsy.com!
    Last year I sent her my measurements, and for a mere $80 she sent back a custom made bathing suit in a retro/Marilyn Monroe style. Fits me like a glove! Love the blog.

    Also sorry, my Google log in now identifies me only with the name of my shop. xo Katie

    ReplyDelete

thank you!! :)

xo -- Diana