6.19.2010

warm weather essentials

I look forward to summer fashion every year. Getting dressed is always a snap without having to worry about heavy coats or layers of fabric. Every outfit is achieved with a laid back cool that I am crazy for – no fussing, just a great easy look. I always concoct a list of essentials I need to have in my closet each summer and here is this year’s list:

  1. the WHITE dress: I am on the hunt for one of summer's most quintessential pieces that personifies ease and the utmost cool. Throw this on with a belt and maybe some accessories = the perfect summertime outfit
  2. prints! prints! prints!: Need I say more? Designers have put out so many fresh patters that stocking your wardrobe with them would be a good idea. And mixing them is an even better one.
  3. an insanely comfortable bra: Trust me on this one: there is nothing worse than being hot and wearing an uncomfortable undergarment. I am quite fond of this Free People number: it comes in a rainbow of colors and is ridiculously comfortable. (Plus I can sometimes find it at Filene's Basement or Loehmann's for half the price.)
  4. the double finger ring: I have been on the hunt for one of these for years, and I finally found a few I can afford from Urban Outfitters and Forever 21. They can toughen up a sweet outfit instantly.
  5. one statement necklace: Nothing can quite dress up a simple outfit like a statement necklace can. It is definitely a necessity for summer nights when you want to dress up something casual and make it more special. My favorite spot for snagging these are Anthropologie where you can find bold, shiny jewels that are quite distinctive.
  6. some classy hot-pants: OK. So this trend might be a little hard to pull off, but i really love the look of it. Super short shorts with a high waist create a brand new silhouette that is both lady-like and very daring - I wantttt!
  7. cartoon flats: Marc Jacobs puts out quirky ballet flats almost every season and I am a huge fan. How fun is it to have a little cartoon on your feet!? Plus they can translate into fall footwear as well.
  8. floppy hats: A perfect warm weather hat is essential. It screams summertime and it shades you from the sun. I think this Gap find is ideal and i plan to make it my own very soon!
{Forever 21 cross ring; Urban Outfitters double ring; Anthropologie chandelier necklace; Vintage bib necklace; Swarvoski necklace; Marc Jacobs Miss Marc flats and mouse flats}



{Website pics from Peter Som and http://watchmojo.com/blogs/images/hot-pants.jpg}

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you!! :)

xo -- Diana