6.18.2010

la dolce vita


{a bird trying to sneak some berries}

Eating yummy fruits is better when you pick them yourself or with a bunch of your favorite people. Yesterday my friends and I went to a quaint strawberry farm in Newport, RI to do some serious strawberry picking. This cheap outdoorsy activity promised great berries and there were bunches to choose from. The strawberries were delightfully sweet and literally melted in your mouth.

One word of advice though: do not wear a skirt while participating in this charming activity. I made that mistake and I had to tend to it every five seconds. But at least it looked cute right? And it was quite inexpensive ;).



Even though I am terrible at keeping plants alive, I am crazy about this potting idea. Planting colorful flowers or fresh herbs in these colorful colanders is such a great concept! I am planning to try this myself ASAP :}

I chose to wear a cartoon tee with a printed skirt, both found under $20. The bag is a See by Chloe purchase that I stalked for a few months at Macy’s for a ridiculous sale price. I am in love with its buttery leather and the perfect size for basic necessities. Very chic. I matched that with a pair neon yellow sandals from Dolce Vita also found at Macy’s for $25. They were having a huge sale and I got them for a great deal! I scoured the Internet looking for the same shoes at the price I paid, without much luck. However I found a perfect substitution from Target that looks almost EXACTLY the same. I would definitely snag these for the summertime.


{this Target find for $19.99 is an almost exact match to the Dolce Vita pair priced at $44}

{H&M top; Dana Buchman sweater (holding); Target skirt; See by Chloe bag; Dolce Vita neon sandals; Ray Ban sunglasses}


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you!! :)

xo -- Diana