6.15.2010

oh the patterns we will mix



Let me start off by saying this outfit is a pure representation of a collection of amazing deals coming together quite harmoniously. It also showcases some things that I love in clothes: mixed patterns, a punch of neon, and an unexpected twist.

I adore rompers. Adore! Adore! Adore! Not only are they comfortable, but they are so stinking cute too. I stumbled upon this cheetah number at H&M for only $9.99. Sold! And I can’t even begin to say how many things this piece goes with: dress it up or down, it always looks polished and adorable. Trust me, you should go run to the store and grab one for your wardrobe you won’t be disappointed! Now the jacket is something I picked up from my mom’s closet, then slowly adopted as my own. Its an Ungaro find bought in 90s the at Filene’s Basement for a steal. I believe she only paid around $50. For Ungaro. Unreal. It is absolutely gorgeous with eccentric cartoons splashed all over with calculated brilliance. I feel lucky to own it! The shoes (!) are another amazing find from none other than Marshalls. They are a pair of Pour la Victoire floating heels avec Marc Jacobs Fall 2007 and definitely win me some double takes from anyone lucky enough to catch a peek. They are surprisingly very comfortable. Of course I’ll stop at nothing to add a hint of neon so this J Crew skinny belt helped tie everything together. My ring is from Juicy Couture found at TJ Maxx. (I’m telling you, these stores are pretty amazing!)



I hope this can inspire you to mix unexpected patterns to create a new beautiful look. By pulling similar colors together and maybe adding an accessory to marry the two together, mixing can be a snap!

And go grab a romper to call your own. Seriously!



{Ungaro jacket; H&M romper; J Crew belt; Pour la Victoire shoes; Juicy Couture ring; Urban Outfitters sunglasses}


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you!! :)

xo -- Diana