11.08.2010

it's hard to remember


These past few days were spent recovering from a small cold, so I do apologize for my lack of posting. Each time the weather gets chilly, I seem to contract every known sniffle floating in the air, and consequently have the hardest time getting over it. This pattern usually lasts until the trees being budding and the cold rain morphs into warm, comforting sprinkles. Of course it is beginning to get a little tricky for me to remember how my favorite time of the year feels like with such a gloomy forecast. Whilst reminiscing, I came across these pictures and longed to turn the clock backwards (or forward 5 months). Denim on denim is such a classically American look and it always looks so effortless when done right. I suppose you could call this a denim on denim on denim look because of the shoes, but I could give anything to wear this tomorrow without the extra layers.




{UO button-down and denim shorts; Marc Jacobs denim flats; Dooney and Bourke bag (worn as a belt); F21 elephant necklace; vintage bracelets}


26 comments:

  1. Those shorts are utterly sexy! The accessories are fabulous! Hope you'll fully recuperate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the mixing of the denims!! !HOT HOT HOT!!
    And those stems, HOT HOT HOT too!!
    I hope you are feeling better!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm oddly really in love with your elephant necklace! Must drop by F21 soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute look and glad you are feeling better. Totally love your necklace finished your outfit off perfectly xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pants are awesome! lovely outfit
    wanna follow each other? if you dont mind :)

    -diva-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit, that elephant necklace is perfection. I too have been sick and it isn't fun! Feel better lady!
    http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. great outfit! nice idea with the bag :D
    xoxo
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you wear your bag as belt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look on you hunnie...loving the denim!!!


    Stop by and say Hello ♥
    Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. So chic! :) The flats complement the look perfectly!
    XX

    Follow my blog at http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the double denim, your necklace is adorable :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. great denim style. love your bangle and necklace.
    get well soon.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your double denim look lady! and you elephant necklace is adorable.

    Big kiss
    S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute shorts!

    Greets,

    My-walk-through.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous! I love this look SO much!
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fabulous! I wish it were still warm enough here to wear shorts and get away with it - it actually snowed yesterday! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. seriously wanting that elephant necklace....and your hair - it is perfectly tousled!

    ~K
    http://triplemaxtons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very, very lovely! Really a cute look! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh beautiful outfit! you look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is denim on denim done right! Not frumpy or backwoodsy at all. Great job!

    I hope you're feeling better by now. I hear ya: I have the weakest immune system everrrrr, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. really like your bracelet!

    feel free to Follow Me xoxo
    twitter: @FASHION_ICE

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the bag/belt combo! great idea!
    visit me again soon!
    X

    www.wearandwhen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you!! :)

xo -- Diana