9.03.2010

glimpses













Yesterday I visited my now almost furnished apartment, which my lovely roomies have begun to decorate. I must say it is adorable – with big airy windows, a beautiful view and cozy rooms; I cannot wait to add some personal touches to it. It is the perfect size for three girls – I adore the bathroom and our open kitchen is fit for a master chef (or at least for an assortment of whimsical kitchen accessories – seen above). Today, I finally started the packing process with big plans of moving in this Sunday. I always get so excited for a fresh new place to call home, yet the conundrum of what to bring or what to leave always looms over my head. Here is a brief sneak peek at what I intend to take. Much of my decorating aesthetic mirrors what I wear: elegant but with a twist. Oh and some animal elements of course! I'm excited to show you all the finished product :}

{CLOTHES: H&M denim wrap dress; vintage belt; Tahari shoes; See by Chloe bag; J Crew bracelet; F21 ring}

{DECOR: UO pink footed candy dish; frog jewelry container and "l'hotel" bucket - Homegoods; vintage branch vase; Pier 1 stackable measuring cups; white plates and glass goblets - TJ Maxx; UO horse lamp base}


28 comments:

  1. awesome photos! beautiful colors!!!
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Great pictures; can't wait to see more x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such cute crockery - I adore those speckled mugs! Looking forward to seeing more. Good luck with your move, it sounds like a lovely arrangement.

    Robbie xox

    http://www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks cute! Where do you go to school (what city)? I'll be moving soon myself but I never really decorate since I move all the time and stuff weighs way too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be so lovely!! Your teacups are so cute and I want them!!!!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO happy for you....and its so exciting!!
    You will have the new place feeling like "home" in no time at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving into a new place is always so exciting. I really enjoy decorating with whimsical and eclectic pieces.

    Those stack-able measuring cups are adorable. I might have to pop into Pier 1 for some! Love love love the first photo. Little glass bottles make for perfect vases. And Black-eyed Susans? The best wildflower ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE such graphic pics like these! You are adorable, this is what I wish my blog could be someday =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such amazing trinketsin your apartment. What a great job you guys have done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very first time at your blog and like it! love your whole outfit and those sandal are pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such beautiful stuff & you look fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your whole outfit, and the shots are awesome!

    thestylesandwich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures and I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pics and great outfit!

    http://style-in-sight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful photos!!!

    xoxo
    http://shishiwaldorf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these pictures :) Especially the white wood style vase.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning pictures!

    Kisses
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for comment my post!
    your blog is so cute!i follow you now!
    if you want you can follow me!:)
    kiss
    E.
    www.neovecchiostile.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY! I cannot wait to see the finished product! You better post lots of pics, I am sure it is going to be beautiful!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pictures. I love your wrap dress. :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  21. how exciting!! i loved looking at these photos, waiting for more ;)

    and you are cute as ever, especially when you smile!

    xoox from http://www.sweetfancytreat.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. roooomie <3 love the apt, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pictures!

    www.whatwouldleoniewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. great pictures! and I love your dress xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. great photos! you look adorable.

    http://quenchfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you!! :)

xo -- Diana