6.16.2010

hippie days and days


There is something so comfortable and nostalgic about a long airy dress that embodies the true feeling of summertime and lazy days. Throwing its billowing fabric over your head is enough to make you feel like you have crawled into a photo of wild flower fields and sunny blue skies. I must confess I have been on a hunt for a dress that fits this tranquil description for some time now, and I think this one is just right. I find the tiny flower print absolutely darling and the sheer fabric is gorgeous. Plus, it falls at the right place by your feet – no frumpy ankle length here, thank god. I tend to gravitate towards hippie inspired pieces and pairing this dress with some flower power jewelry, thick sandals and beachy waves complements it nicely. Just avoid any hairpieces, which will make this look more costume than chic – I find simplicity speaks volumes when working with volumes of fabric.





All of this came together for an insane price, naturally. The dress is a Rag & Bone design plucked from the racks of, you guessed it, TJ Maxx for one of the most deliciously preposterous prices I have seen in some time: $39! This was compared at the original price of $335 (!!!). I am really, really lucky with this find - am I good or what ;). It was just so incredible that I had to take a picture of it so you would believe me, because I almost didn’t believe my own eyes.


{Rag & Bone maxi dress, Lucky bracelet and ring, Frye sandals}

1 comment:

  1. First off, I love that dress...second-- i saw pants by the same designer with the same exact print at sakks at the outlet for 99 dollars... you really struck gold with that dress di ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you!! :)

xo -- Diana